At a TEDx in Orange County, Rick Warren explains the 8 Questions he uses to foster Innovation.
Some of these have some significant overlap, but I get the different angles. I added three of my own at the end. Thanks JB for sharing the link.
1. What do I first need to stop? – Termination
2. How do we do it faster, larger, cheaper with a team? – Collaboration / Cooperation
3. What should we mix together to create something new? – Combination
4. What part could we take out in order to make it simpler? Elimination
5. What has died but we could bring back to life in a new form? – Reincarnation
6. How can we change the purpose or motivation for what we are doing? – Rejuvination
7. How can we look at this in a new light? – Illumination
8. how can we make it more interesting? – Imagination
Now these are mine…
9. How do we do it smaller & more significant with more leaders? – Empowering-ization
10. How am I in the way? – Get Out of MY Box-ination
11. How can it be simpler and easier? – De-complex-ification