We had a trunk party for a young man in our neighborhood heading off to college tonight. As I sat down to write him a letter I thought about my college years and what I wish I would have known then that I know now.
Here is the meat of what I shared…
- Paid Super Attention during class.
- Exercised 4 times a week.
- Developed deeper friendships with my guy friends instead of being obsessed with girls
- Done more road trips with my buddies.
- Taken classes I loved, concerning subjects that interested me, even if they were hard.
- Spent a semester, at least, in a foreign country.
- Read my Bible most days.
- Memorized at least one verse a week.
- Lived every day with my post college life in mind instead of that day’s comfort.