At Fellowship’s Celebration Service on March 8th, I sat down with Bryan Loritts, John Bryson, and Ricky Jenkins to answer your questions about Fellowship Downtown.
Here is the video.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Here are the questions you all asked us to answer in the order we answered them on the video:
- Can you be a part of Fellowship Downtown, if you don’t live downtown?
- What is the time frame for launching Fellowship Downtown?
- Why was the multi-site modeled adopted rather than a church plant model and how do we reconcile it to the New Testament Church?
- Failure to develop young preachers. True spiritual multiplication should create MORE faithful preachers and teachers of the gospel of Jesus Christ – not less (2 Tim. 2:2). But if under the multi-church site model FEWER men are needed to teach MORE people, are we in danger of discouraging young men to become preachers?
- How does the multi-site model fit into Fellowship Memphis’ desire Not to be a “Mega” church?
- Is everything for Fellowship Downtown going to happen downtown? i.e. can a “Raliegh” family host things at their house, lead a community group, etc.
- What will the worship be like at the downtown location? Will there be a separate worship band?
- Loss of community. As Fellowship moves to a multi-site ministry, there will obviously be a growing relational gap between church leadership and church members, and potentially among members themselves. How will we bridge that gap?
- Bryan’s celebrity status. I fear that multi-site churches could essentially be creating a class of “evangelical superstars” (a la John Piper, Mark Driscoll, Bryan Loritts). Can you talk about the pressures this “mega-preacher” position might create for Bryan and how we as a church can keep him humble? 🙂
- What are some ways you guys have thought of to reach out to the Downtown community area? Or is that still kinda in the works?
- Does the leadership of Fellowship feel that multi-site churches may bleed into the idea of “branding” the church name rather than multiplying the Church? Why or why not?
- Couldn’t the multi-site model encourage consumerism and anti-intellectualism in the church? How will we fight it?
- What will the service times be Downtown?
- Is there a site that has already been chosen?
- What is the plan for kid’s Downtown?
- Is there anything I can do now to help with Downtown?